Monday, July 28, 2008

What a great day!

*It started the moment I woke up. Cameron, who has been sick, popped out of his room with his usual energy - he's well again. Yay!

*Katie thought I needed breakfast in bed, since "Daddy's out of town and you have to take care of us all by yourself." She fixed me oatmeal and yummy coffee with cream and almond flavored syrup in it. What a treat!

*After that, I picked my mom up from the local hotel and drove her to their property up the street from my house. Always fun to have a little time with my Ma. Got to hang out and listen in on some of their decision making for the house.

*The kids had some friends over for lunch and playtime. It's always fun to watch them interact with guests.

*Went shopping in McMinnville....bought Cam his football cletes, some stuff at WalMart and supplies to teach Katie how to embroider (will need Nana's input on that!).

*When we got home I played monopoly with Cameron while the girls played Barbies up in their room. Mom called and asked if we wanted to meet them for dinner before they headed back to Crescent Lake. Well, YEAH! So we drove to Wilsonville's Red Robin and had yummy dinner.

* On the way, Rosalie and Natalie played barbies. I love listening in on their play! I have to try real hard not to laugh. :) Tonight they were planning a wedding...make that a few weddings. Natalie says "Well, weddings always happen in the night so let's get married tonight." Rosalie puts on her best low man voice and says "OK. But I want to marry someone else." So Natalie says "Why don't you just email her and tell her you decided to marry a different girl." :)

* On the way home Rosalie makes up songs to sing to herself - the whole way. One of them starts off in a nice country twang (which I don't know where she got since we don't listen to much country. It must be her Texas roots!) Oh, I used to be pretty. But now I'm not pretty anymore. I wish I was pretty. (I think she was referring to her barbie, not herself. We could have some real issues here if not!)

*At swimming lessons Natalie swam several feet without help for the first time ever! Yay Natalie!

*And to finish it off, I played Wordtwist and Scrabulous with my out of town husband and also with a long ago friend on facebook.

*Now I think I'll go hop in bed with my book and stay up late reading. A perfect ending to a wonderful day! :)

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

I love posts like this! Your kids are so great and I'm so glad to be your long ago friend. Yay for Facebook!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home