Friday, November 10, 2006

Was I really just there?


YES! Reid happened to have a conference to attend and we figured this was the chance of a lifetime...a trip to Hawaii half paid for. Just the two of us, the first time in our "married life with kids" we got a few days vacation without an agenda. We'd been away before, like to a funeral that Reid officiated, a Family Life Marriage conference when Cam was a baby, but nothing like this!

So we left the cold rain for tropical temperatures, tasty seafood, wonderful fruits and endless ocean. We shopped, ate out, spent time on the beach, played a game, read books, and watched a movie in our hotel room. I even polished my nails! :) (I don't usually bother to paint my fingernails because it looks tacky by the next day...too much water exposure. This time the polish lasted til I got home!) All this just steps from the palm tree lined beach. We also enjoyed the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Ahh, what bliss! And the kids had a blast too! Nana and Grampa stayed with them. They got to eat pizza, sleep in the motor home, go out to eat and go to an OSU football game. What more could a kid ask for?

All in all a wonderful time for all. Even Nana and Grampa said it was fun. :)

3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM , Blogger Kirsty said...

How great! How long were you there?

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Carrie Kisling said...

Hi Kirsty! I was there for 3 1/2 days, short but definitely sweet. Reid was with me for two days and then stayed for his conference - a total of a week for him.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Carrie Kisling said...

Blogbarger! I am honored to have a response from you! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home