Friday, September 15, 2006


Plums, Anyone?
One of the fun discoveries of our new house was the big plum tree in the back yard. And boy, was there a mother load of plums! We have canned two batches of plum butter, several jars of halved plums and 5 jars of plum sauce (like apple sauce), given lots of plums away, and there are still bunches of plums on the tree. It's fun to do canning, especially with the weather being cooler and cloudy. It makes me feel like a pioneer woman, putting up my fruit for the winter. :) I also enjoy the aroma of plums and mixed spices wafting through the house, and all the big pots and pans on the stove and in the sink. It makes me feel like I'm really accomplishing something grand. :) However, when it's all said and done, I'm sure I'll be "plum tuckered out"! Hee! Hee! :)

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger Tammy B said...

Way to go! Insert joke about your plum assignment here! Your Boring friends are looking forward to reading the blog.

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Kirsty said...

Wow, Carrie, you are good! I don't even know how to can.

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Carrie Kisling said...

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not really a pioneer woman! (In most ways anyway)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home