Thursday, October 19, 2006

Things I miss about Texas.......

  • Incredible thunder and lightning storms
  • Rain that falls in sheets
  • Good friends
  • Skillman Bible Church
  • Church potlucks and parties

Things I don't miss about Texas.........
  • Roaches
  • Grackles
  • Heat
  • Fire ants
  • locusts
  • The ever constant hum of air conditioners in the summer
  • Heat
  • Traffic
  • Being a "minnow" in an ocean of people
  • Heat
  • Being miles away from the wilderness
  • Being far away from my family

Things I love about Dundee/Newberg
  • Seasons!
  • Autumn
  • Seeing people I know wherever I go
  • Fred Meyer
  • Seeing our families lots more
  • The five minute commute to Reid's work
  • The five to ten minute drive to most places I need to go
  • The five minute drive to the country
  • Driving from Newberg to Klamath Falls in October
  • Milder summers
  • Our home
  • Our church
  • Etc., etc., etc.
Things I don't love about Dundee/Newberg
  • Hmm......

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger Carrie Kisling said...

Grackles are those pesky, black, loud birds that sit in the trees and squawk all the time. Man, they drove me nuts! They are definitely NOT smashing!

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Kirsty said...

We sure do miss you, but Oregon is very beautiful! I thought they were crackles. See what I know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home